Sunday, March 15, 2009

Updates

Well, the boys room is coming along. My Mom and Dad have been working all week getting the wall back up. Yesterday they were able to prime and paint it so the workers can come back and clean the carpeting and replace the carpet padding. Once that is done, we will finish painting the room and put up the wall stickers for Alex's Mario Brothers room. He doesn't know yet, and it's going to be a surprise for his birthday. We figured that fit in pretty well with his Mario Brothers themed birthday party this year. (Which reminds me that I still have sooo much work to do for his party... and so little time!)

This is going to be our crazy week! (Most of this is repeat, so I'm sorry) Tuesday we'll go in pretty early to court and have everything become legal. I'm still praying nothing will go wrong. My sister Hayley and her family will come on Thursday sometime. On Friday my other sister Bethany and her husband Chad and my brother Aaron will fly in. And I know at some point Ryan's brother and family will be coming up as well. Saturday will be the sealing, which we are keeping very small and low key. And then Sunday will be the blessing. And again, I know it's so informal, but if you would like to come to the blessing, we would love to have you! I went crazy this week and found adorable sealing/blessing/Easter outfits for the boys. I figured I won't have much time where I get to have them match, so I really had fun buying the outfits. I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures of the boys in their outfits.

Disneyland is getting closer and closer and we are getting more and more excited! We try to do a few Disney-related things to keep the excitement going. For instance, after church today we are going to start and possibly finish a 1000 piece puzzle of Cinderella's castle. We have another one of Peter Pan and Captain Hook's pirate ship. It's fun thinking of little things like that to do. They are always very family oriented and really help keeping that excitement!

Yesterday we went to Ian's grave, as we do every so often. We put up some solar lights at his grave which, I think, looks very nice. I don't like to do too many cheesy decorations at graves, but I want to make it look nice. So we thought this would be a way to do that. Every time we visit his grave, the same thing comes to my mind... I can't believe we buried our son. Sometimes it feels like a dream, a really bad dream. There's little we can do for him now, so it's nice to do these little things at least at his grave.

Well, I need to start getting ready for the day. Yay for nursery today. We'll see how crazy all the kids are today. :)

1 comment:

Tammy said...

What a fun week. I will pray that all goes well with no snags. You have a darling family. I'm still waiting for you to pass that litle guy over the fence for a visit, ha-ha.