Sunday, March 29, 2009

Thankful Friday

I had actually sat down to do this on Friday, but got sidetracked. Since it's 4:00am, I don't really have anything else drawing my attention away, so I'll sit and do this now.

1. Having the birthday party over - I couldn't have said this Friday, but I sure can now! The party was a great success, but I must say that's it's good to have it over. I had so much fun... and I think the kids did too. Everything turned out better than expected (even the cake)! But I'm happy now to just sit back and relax for a little while until our next adventure, which is in two weeks when we head to St. George for Easter.

2. Nieces and Nephews - My niece Anna and nephew Tyson are here right now and were also here last weekend. Alex loves playing with his cousins, and I must say that I love all my little nieces and nephews... on both sides of the family. All the boys on Ryan's side of the family are so much fun and such good kids. And although I don't get to see my brothers kids very often, I love them so much as well!

3. Back rubs - A few nights ago, I had been working on the party a bit and was really tired and sore. Even though Ryan had been at school all day, he told me that I had accomplished so much and wanted to give me a back rub. It was so nice for him to do (especially since he does WAY more than I do) and it felt so good!

4. Praise - Even though I feel a little bad saying this, I have been so thankful for the praise given to me this past week as I've been getting things ready for the party. Since it was all home-made stuff, I didn't know how it looked to other people. So I was really grateful to receive praise on the things I had made or done. Chad - thanks for the compliment on the cake! I know you felt bad, but it really made me feel good for you to say that!

5. Siblings - I mentioned in a post that I got to spend some time with my siblings. We had so much fun together! It's so interesting to see what kind of people they've become after growing up with them. I am grateful for every one of them and the different joys they bring to my life!

6. Brotherly love - It is so cute seeing the relationship developing between Alex and Darek. Alex has been concerned that he couldn't get Darek to smile or laugh at him. I think it's been because Alex has so much energy, that all Darek can do is stare at him and try to take in all the things Alex does. But this past week, Alex has found that playing peek-a-boo with Darek always gets Darek to smile and even giggle at him. It has totally made Alex's week! These boys have such a sweet bond and love each other so much! It makes me so happy!

7. Alex's VIP week - Alex was the VIP in his class this past week, as it was his birthday week. I got to spend a little extra time in the class, which was so fun! I love knowing all the kids in his class by name and love being called "Alex's Mom" while I'm there. But we got to make a poster showing Alex's favorite things, which he got to explain to his class. I brought treats for the class 2 days this week (which is always a huge hit), volunteered my regular day on Thursday, and then came in and did a 1/2 hour activity on Friday (which didn't go very well, but still was fun)! It was a lot of extra things to do this week, but I'm so glad to be involved in that part of Alex's life!

Ok, that's all for now. I really should try to focus on going back to sleep. (Yeah right...)

No comments: