Friday, March 6, 2009

Thankful Friday

Here are a few things I've been very grateful this week.

1. TAX RETURNS!!! We usually do our taxes, but because of the adoption "stuff", we took our taxes to someone this year. All I can say is that it really paid off. I learned yesterday that our taxes have been accepted and now we just wait. I hate waiting....

2. Alex's pictures. Alex has never been into drawing, painting, or really crafts of any kind. This week he decided to sit and make a whole bunch of pictures. They were really cute (scenes from Indiana Jones movies, rides at Disneyland, scenes from Star Wars, etc.) We made them into a book and I just love looking at them.

3. Shopping with Ryan. After finding out about our taxes, we went and did some window shopping. We had so much fun walking around and talking. It's nice to get out of the house and I just love talking to Ryan!

4. My Mom and Dad. When I scheduled to do our taxes on Monday, I didn't expect that we would be able to go in that day. My Mom was gracious enough to pick Alex up from school and take him to swimming lessons. And then last night Alex had a Dr. Suess birthday party at his school that he really wanted to go to, but Darek is still sick and very fussy. So my Dad stayed home with Darek so I could take Alex. It's times like those that make my life so much easier. And it's wonderful not having to worry about them while I'm gone. I know they are in good hands and with people that love them.

5. Cuddle times. Even though Alex is getting so big, he'll still come out at night (after he's supposed to be asleep) and just want to cuddle for a few minutes. And I love when Darek will just lay in my arms, cuddle into me and smile. I think my favorite cuddles come from Ryan though. I love sitting next to him and snuggling into him.

6. Girls nights. I get one every other week when Ryan is working Friday night. Tonight happens to be one of those, and I look forward to every single one!

I think that's all for today. I'm sure I'll think of a million more things once I'm off the computer, but I have two boys that are demanding my attention... and I want to give it to them. :) Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: