Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sickness

Since life was CRAZY for a few days, I'm going to back track and do a couple posts so that I cover all of the events that happened.

I guess all of our sicknesses were a pretty big thing during the week. As I mentioned, during the court hearing, Darek and I were pretty darn sick. I had taken some medication, but just felt lousy. Poor little Darek was coughing and sleeping throughout the hearing. So after the hearing we went home and I slept while Ryan watched the boys. On Wednesday, after sleeping a while in the afternoon, I woke up and looked at my throat and realized I really needed to go into the doctor. Darek was still sick, but doing better than the day before. Alex was still getting over his ear infection, but doing much better. So I took Darek and myself to the instacare Wednesday afternoon. After almost 3 hours, I walked out being told that I just had a case of the flu and that Darek probably just had that too. They gave me a few prescriptions and told me to watch Darek closely to be sure his breathing was okay. I took the medications as much as I could and would feel better for a while, but all the symptoms would come back after the medicine wore off. On Friday night, while visiting my in-laws, the instacare called to tell me my 3 day strep test came back positive. So I exposed my family and Ryan's whole family to it.... awesome. Luckily I got antibiotics that night and started on them immediately. At this point I'm doing much better and feel at about 80% right now. Sadly, I had to go through this whole wonderful week being horribly sick. Darek is also doing much better. He gets horrible coughing spells every once in a while. But he's getting back to his normal, happy little self.

So as Darek and I were starting to feel better, poor Ryan seemed to get worse. On Thursday, one of his eyes started oozing a little (sorry it's gross) and he started getting a sore throat, coughing, etc. Friday was quite a bit worse, and Saturday was just really bad. Like a trooper, he went through the sealing (feeling horrible) but went straight to the instacare right after and missed the whole luncheon. He wasn't really diagnosed with anything, but was given antibiotics that have already started to help. His eyes look terrible (no offense babe) and his cough is not great, but you won't hear much complaining from him. He even sang today in Sacrament meeting and sounded great!

So, here is to a much healthier week (I hope)! We are all done being sick for a while!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Your family did awesome today. I thought what a perfect song for your wonderful week of having your boys sealed to you forever.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Tammy said...

I am sooooo glad to hear you guys are starting to feel better I have truely missed hangin out this passed week but totally understandable. You guys were awesome in sacrament meeting today, we could listen to you guys sing all day. Good Job!! However we did miss you in nursery today! So call me soon I need my Mandi FIX!!!!:)