Friday, March 20, 2009

Thankful Friday

I should get to bed, but wanted to jot a few things down before I did.

1. The Temple - We're going there tomorrow to have our family sealed to our little boys. What a privilege to be able to do that. How lucky we are that we live this close to a temple, that we don't have to plan for a whole day, week or even month trip to go.

2. Service - I've had a lot to deal with as far as the adoption goes. I'm grateful to have parents, in-laws, siblings and friends willing to help in any way they can to make this go more smoothly for me.

3. Modern Day Medicine - Even though I found out tonight that I was misdiagnosed (told I had the flu but actually have strep... a whole story on it's own) I love being able to take a few pills to feel better so I can accomplish the things that need to be done.

4. Alex - I have to single him out today just because he is such a wonderful boy. Even though he is 5 (and believe me, he has his 5 year old days), he is so wise and kind. He loves his brother so much. I figured he would be a good big brother, but it is a joy beyond description to be able to watch Alex hold, play, sing to, cuddle and be silly with little Darek. And I love the look of awe that Darek gives Alex. You can see he wants to do what his big brother is doing. I love my Alex and am so grateful I have him as a son!

5. Family Support - We are so lucky to have the majority of Ryan's family in the valley, however, his brother lives in St. George and was so wonderful to bring his whole family up for this occasion. Both of my sisters also came from St. George and my brother flew all the way across the country to be here. I don't know many families that are willing or able to offer that kind of support and I am truly grateful for it.

6. Forever Families - I know this goes along with the first one, but I feel so privileged to know about eternal families. I am so grateful to know that this life is only the beginning. I love my Heavenly Father so much for giving us this beautiful life and the knowledge here to know that we can be together forever... that we can have Ian sealed to our family and see him again someday. I know there are those who don't believe this or understand it, but I am grateful for the faith to know that it is true and know what a special, spectacular and important day tomorrow will be.

I need to get some sleep. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and I know everything will go well. I'm going to remember the adoption decree (unlike the marriage license I forgot when we got married...) :)

1 comment:

Lily said...

Hehe, I feel better knowing you forgot your marriage lisence, I'm secretly convinced I'm going to make it to the big day and forget something huge and obvious (which should be fine, as long as it isn't the groom!).
Congratulations on adopting Darek!! My brother and I both are adopted and I can tell you firsthand after meeting my birthparents and knowing about my brother's, you are doing such an incredible and amazing thing giving your little boy such a good life with you and your family. It's so wonderful that everything's going through and working out, I'm so happy for you!