Friday, March 6, 2009

8 Months Old

I'm posting a lot today, so be sure to keep reading.

First of all, I haven't posted yet about Darek turning 8 months old. It's insane to me that he is that old now! From what I can tell, he is about 13 lbs and 25 inches long at this point. He is very little still, but has a big personality. He is starting to sit up on his own. He is still very wobbly at this point, so I make sure to stay right next to him. I think it's really driving him crazy that he doesn't know how to move around. When he is on his belly or back he can twist himself around in a circle (slowly), but he doesn't not know how to crawl yet. I am grateful for this to a point. It's nice not having to worry about baby proofing yet, but it would also be nice if he could entertain himself just a little bit. I know the time will come soon and I'll probably be complaining about it :) Darek is VERY LOUD! He loves the sound of his voice and when he is on the floor, he'll really express himself. If he's being held he is very content to watch other people and is very aware of his surroundings. He is a very sweet little guy and we can't imagine life without him!

I'm sorry, but I do not have a mountain dew bottle to take a picture... and I know I missed last month as well. I need to learn to just keep the bottle and not throw it away every time.

1 comment:

Hayley Winslow said...

HA! Wait till we come. You'll then know what you need to do to baby proof. Bray is a maniac. He eats everything he sees- especially fruit snack wrappers. Kids!