Monday, March 23, 2009

Darek's Blessing

We had another wonderful day yesterday. We got up in the morning and got ready extra early. We got to church about 20 minutes early so that we could say hello to any family or friends that came. Darek looked just beautiful. We had him in his cute little white outfit that we had him in for the sealing. He looks just stunning in white. The meeting started and they got all of the beginning stuff. Then it was time to bless Darek. Ryan was still incredibly sick, and I didn't know how he would feel throughout the blessing. But he did the most beautiful job. It was very special and I knew it came from our Heavenly Father. Darek was surrounded in that circle by so many friends and family members that love him so much. He is a blessed little boy, but we are an extremely blessed family.

After the blessing, we had been asked to sing as a family. Everyone always complains a little when we are asked to sing (including myself), but when it comes down to it, I think we all love it. From the time I could play the piano well, I have many memories of getting up on Sunday morning, getting dressed and going upstairs to play the piano. One by one, as the rest of my siblings got ready, they would join me at the piano. Before long, everyone was there and singing. I just love those memories. So when we all get together and are able to perform in front of others, I just love it! Sure, I grumble about it for a while, but I always enjoy spending that time with my family. Hopefully as the grand kids get older, they'll be able to join in as well.

After we sang, a few changes were made in our ward. We received a new bishopric (minus a new bishop) and as luck would have it, my Dad was made the executive secretary. So he was able to get up and bare his testimony, which was very special to me.

After sacrament meeting was over, we were able to visit with all those who came for Darek's blessing. We were able to get a family picture of Ryan's side of the family, which hasn't been updated in at least 7 years. So it will be nice to finally have that. We said goodbye to Ryan's family and soon after, my sisters and their kids. My brother left this morning (which I didn't get to say goodbye to) and now it's back to just us. It's kind of sad when you go from a very full house back to an empty house. But I'll have plenty to do this week for Alex's party to keep my mind busy.

Thank you to everyone again that helped with this wonderful weekend. It's one that we will remember the rest of our lives. I'm so grateful for all these experiences and glad I have so many wonderful people to share them with. We love you all!

1 comment:

Hayley Winslow said...

I admit, I like singing with everyone too :) We had a good time this weekend too. Anna is counting the days until they go back up for the b-day party. I think my favorite part of the whole thing was singing in the car with everyone. It was only a few minutes, but it will stay with me for a long time. And you're right, you're baby looked so awesome in that white outfit.