Friday, March 13, 2009

Thankful Friday

1. A new babysitting job - I am having so much fun with cute little girls! I love watching them play pretend. They've even gotten Alex in on playing "house". He plays a great daddy! :)

2. Visiting Teaching - Today we are going to a fun place at the Gateway for our visiting teaching. It'll be something different and fun to try. And it just happens to be a place that makes desserts. Yeah.... I'm excited!

3. Patience - With the boys room still a wreck from the water damage, Alex being horribly sick, Darek not sleeping well, not getting our tax return when we thought we would... I'm really thankful to have the patience to get through it all. (sorry to have all the complaints to get to the thankful part)

4. Music - I just love music and I also love having the ability to sing. It's so much fun when Ryan, Alex and I will just start singing a song. And Darek loves to listen to it. Soon, he'll be joining in.

5. Sunny days - It may not be exactly warm yet, but I love having the sun come out and being able to tolerate the weather outside. I can't wait for the beautiful days to start coming!

6. Nights when Ryan is home - I miss him so much during his 7 days on, and am really grateful for the 7 days when I get him home. Being away from each other really makes the time we get together extra special.

7. This coming Tuesday - I have been waiting for this day for almost 7 months now. I can't believe it's almost here and can hardly wait for adoption to become legal. Even though Darek has always been ours, it'll be nice for his information to show that!

8. Health - When you or your loved ones are sick, it really makes you thankful for your health. I hope Alex gets better soon... it makes me so sad when he's sick.

9. Glass bottled Coca-cola - I know this one sounds silly, but the glass bottled coke from Costco is sooo good. It always just hits the spot!

10. Giggles - Whether it's Ryan, Alex, Darek or all of us at once, I love when we can all sit and giggle. It's such a great feeling!

There's some of my happiness from the week! Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I love this post. What wonderful things to be thankful for. My mom would agree with you on the bottle coke. That is something we buy at Christmas time for her when they come in those little bottles. I remember taking them to the store for a dime, funny huh.

I'm sure you're way too young to know that one, but that's how we got a little extra candy money.

julie said...

I had so much fun at the Dodo with everyone today! It is always nice to just talk and laugh with some girls! I am excited that you are my new visiting teacher so we can get to know each other better. And Ava loved coming to your house this week! I noticed all the art supplies in the pictures and they will entertain her for hours. She love to color, cut and paste!

Stevens said...

Thankful Friday is such a great idea - Alex looks in heaven with the girls! Good luck with everything this week!!