Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's Official!

We went to court today. After a really tough night of Darek and I being very sick and up most of the night, we were hoping for a very quick, easy hearing. And that's exactly what we got! Our attorney and the judge went over some of the paperwork and then our attorney asked us some questions in front of the judge. It was a little weird sitting in the "defendant seats" with these microphones in front of us. There were a few minutes when the judge was talking to our attorney about some legal issues with the agency in VA, but they got that all cleared up. (But we felt like we were sitting on pins and needles for those few minutes.) All in all, it lasted only 14 minutes when the judge declared the adoption final for both our boys. What a moment that was! I definitely got emotional. I wanted nothing more than to go out and celebrate, but all I could think about doing was going home to sleep. Poor little Darek had slept and coughed through most of the hearing, so we both just needed some rest.

As I'm writing this, I have a beautiful, cuddly, sleepy baby in my arms. I am the luckiest Mommy in the whole world. And to know that after this Saturday, our beautiful boys will be ours forever. I truly don't know what I've done to deserve such beautiful blessings in my life, but I thank my Heavenly Father for them. These boys deserve every happiness and I hope I can give that to them.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations again!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you guys!! Glad everything is becoming finalized!

Koreena said...

Congratulations!!! That's so wonderful, Mandi! I'll be thinking of you guys all day Saturday and hope everything goes wonderfully with the sealing. What a special, marvelous time for your family!

Michelle and Sean said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! That has to be the best feeling ever, to know that they are yours now and everything is official! Just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you and your family and I couldn't wait to hear that everything was final!!

Hayley Winslow said...

YEAH! They were yours before, but now to the State of Utah and the whole world, they both have a family. On Sat. they will both have a forever family.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! We are so excited, we just might have to plan a party to celebrate here in VA.