Sunday, March 8, 2009

Adoption Updates

We reached our 6 months from the time the boys were placed with us on Feb 26th. That 6 months had to be reached before finalization can happen. There are a few other things we have been waiting to have completed before we can finalize. We are crossing our fingers that everything will go through as scheduled from here on out. As it is now, we will be going to court on March 17th to have the adoption become legal. Then on March 21st, we'll go to the Salt Lake temple to have the boys sealed to us for all eternity. On the 22nd we will have the boys blessing at our ward. It going to be an insane couple of weeks leading up to it, but we are so excited and cannot wait for all of this to be done and behind us.

If you have any questions that you're wondering about any of this, please let me know. We can't wait!!!

7 comments:

mattie said...

congratulations! i hope everything goes well.

i was playing the piano in primary today and alex kept looking over the piano like he knew who i was, but couldn't quite put his finger on it. it was funny. he is so cute and i miss being his teacher!

Beth and Chad said...

I am so ELATED to come up and spoil your boys! Tell me what you need and I'll do it! When's the next one coming? I promise I won't steal it or even be jealous, unless it's a 5 year old black boy, then, I'll be SUPER jealous, and you'll HAVE to give him to me :)

Adrian said...

We'd like to come to the blessing. If that's okay let us know what time and where. We are very happy for you.

Holly said...

So wonderful Mandi! I am so happy for you and your sweet family!

Ryan and Mandi said...

Adrian - The blessing is at our ward building in North Salt Lake. It's along Orchard drive and it's North of Eaglewood Drive and South of Winegars. That should give you an idea of which one it is. Our sacrament meeting begins at 11:00am, and we would love to have you there. There probably will not be any kind of luncheon after the meeting because I'll have a lot of family members getting ready to leave.

Tammy said...

Mandi we are so happy for you and your family. We are loooking forward to the sealing and blessing that will be a very special day and we are so happy to be a part of it. We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you guys. I hope it goes smoothly :)

- Jenn