Wednesday, April 9, 2008

NKOTB

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
Listen up everybody if you wanna take a chance.
Just get on the floor and do the New Kids' dance.
Don't worry 'bout nothing 'cause it won't take long.
We're gonna put you in a trance with a funky song, 'cause you gotta be
Hangin' tough, hangin' tough, hangin' tough.
We're rough.

I don't know why I haven't posted about this before now! I'm sure most of you have heard that New Kids on the Block are getting back together! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I seriously feel like a little girl again. As soon as my sister Bethany heard about them getting back together, she called me. Bethany, Hayley and I have all agreed that we will go see them in concert if they get anywhere close to Salt Lake City. I can still remember being in 5th grade and going over to a friends house for a party just to watch a NKOTB concert on TV. Between me and my sisters, we had 3 or 4 of the "barbie dolls" of the guys, a board game, posters, cassette tapes (I know... what are cassette tapes??), and numerous other collectible items. If only I still had them. :( I am so hyper just thinking about this. Here are before and after shots of the guys...







They are a bit better looking now than they were then. :) It will be a bit strange though, because Donnie Wahlberg has become a pretty good actor. Ryan and I are currently re-watching the HBO miniseries, Band of Brothers. He plays a main role in it, and is actually one of two of my favorite characters in it. So it'll be very interesting watching him go from 2nd Lt. Lipton back to dancing and singing in a boy band!

Thanks for letting me get that out of my system! Once a "Blockhead", always a "Blockhead"!!!

3 comments:

Hayley Winslow said...

YEAH! So excited!!!! When Beth called me, I had a total flash back of the boy barbies and my precious NKOTB book with all the "signed" pictures in it. Oh the days. Remember the underware built onto the dolls? Always wondered what was under those! Hee, hee.

Ryan and Mandi said...

It's so sad. I can't find anyone here that is as excited as I am about this. I feel like a crazed lunatic! I guess they just don't know what they're missing. :) I really, really hope we get to go to their concert!

Kaylene said...

Trust me mandi... i'm just as excited as you are about this! hehehe! Now it means more making fun of you and holly about your OLD bands. haha just kidding! :P