Monday, April 14, 2008

I'd Rather Die (almost)

I have recently been experiencing a few tooth aches. It's actually been 3-4 months since I first starting feeling the pain. However, I woke up crying Saturday night/Sunday morning because of the pain. It was at that point I knew I couldn't put off going into the dentist anymore. Let me explain my anxiety a little better. I do not numb. When I go in and they shoot me full of Novocaine, they give me the maximum amount and I can still feel exactly what they are doing to me. So it is literally torture for me to go in. I have found a dentist (thanks to my Mom, who has the same issues I do with numbing) that has an anesthesiologist come in and put you out completely while they do the work on you. It will cost a fortune, as insurance will not cover it (which in my opinion is ridiculous), but well worth it not to feel the pain. As I was discussing having to go into the dentist with my Mom, both of us just about had anxiety attacks. Anyway, my appointment is scheduled for next week to find out what is wrong and then I'll have to schedule another one to get the actual work done. AHHHHHH!!!! Am I the only crazy person that feels like this???

3 comments:

Patty R said...

No, I feel like that too, I get so tense when I'm at the dentist, and then they try to talk to you and you can't really talk back, yeah it's not fun. Good luck with your apointment.

Holly said...

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate going to the dentist! It probably has something to do with my super lousy teeth! No matter how hard I brushed and flossed as a kid, every time I went in the dentist would tell me I needed a root canal and several fillings. Maybe he was trying to pay off his new boat :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely hate going to the dentist as well, and I can get numb, so I'm sure it's a million times worse for you. Just hearing the drill, smelling the burning smoke, and feeling the pressure of the drill is bad enough for me. Not to mention the occasional times they manage to drill somewhere that didn't get numb (not sure how that happens, but I swear it's not in my head).