Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

A little weird that I posted about Black Friday before Thanksgiving... oh well.

This year was a little different than most Thanksgivings we've had in the past. Well, it was the same in a lot of ways, but the biggest difference was the lack of people here on my side of the family. We started the day sleeping in as long as we could. Once we woke up, we took our time getting ready. Around 1:00, we went upstairs to eat with my parents. Usually Hayley, Bethany and their families will come up. But this year neither of them did. So it ended up being my parents, us and my sister Mallory. We had a wonderful feast that filled us up!

After we finished eating, we went down to the Gateway theaters and watched the movie Bolt. I was quite surprised. It was so cute! I don't know what it is about Disney, but they can make me tear up in almost any movie! It's absolutely ridiculous!

We came back home after the movie for about an hour before heading out to Ryan's parents home. His sister and family were there and we ate a wonderful meal! There is nothing like some excellent turkey! We sat and talked and the boys played together. It was a lot of fun and very relaxing.

Overall, it was a great Thanksgiving, although I did miss my family members. Hopefully we'll have a few more people here for Christmas.... hint, hint!

I also just wanted to share a few things I am thankful for this year...

RYAN - He is the kindest, most wonderful husband in the whole world. I love his witty sense of humor, his kind heart, and his never ending patience. He understands me better than any other person ever could. He supports our family without question. I love him more than words will ever express.

MY BOYS - Alex and Darek are such incredible little guys. Both of their personalities have development a lot in the past little while, and it's amazing to see the people they are becoming. Alex's tender little heart always puts me in my place. He is constantly thinking of others, especially his little brother. His smile can instantly put a smile on my face, and his tears can instantly put me to tears. I love him so much. Our sweet little Darek is such a character. He is so feisty, but can also be so sweet. We are just beginning to see the wonderful traits he is adding to our family and cannot wait to see how he develops.
Ian is and always will be a huge inspiration to me. I miss him so much, but he reminds me every day the person I need to become so I can see him again. What a perfect little guy he is. We love you Ian!

FAMILY - We are blessed to have such wonderful family. They love us unconditionally and have given so much to us. We are so grateful for all we have been given, especially in our times of need this year.

FRIENDS - We also are blessed with wonderful friends. I love having some amazing couples to hang out with that teach me by example how to be a better person. I love being able to laugh, talk, joke, and just hang out and have fun.

BEING HOME - I've mentioned this before, but I'm so grateful I'm able to be home with my boys. It means so much to be able to watch Darek as he grows. I didn't get to do that much with Alex, and it's always something that has made me so sad. Being here for them is so important to me.

CHURCH - Although I don't always love going, I'm grateful to have the gospel. I've been reminded this year (especially with Ian) how special and important it is to have the gospel and to live it. It's not always easy, and there are many things I need to work on. But I do love the gospel and it has brought so many blessings to me and my family.

I could keep going, but I have a screaming baby and a 5 year old who won't go to bed. We love you all and thank you for all you have brought to our lives!

No comments: