Monday, November 3, 2008

4 months old

Today Darek turned 4 months old. He has come a long way! Since I haven't been able to compare his size to something since day 1, I've improvised with a prop and from here on out will be able to do this every month. When I was in Virginia after Darek was released, everyone wanted to know how big he was, but it was hard to tell by just sending pictures. So one night when we got back to the place we were staying, all I had to compare him to was a Mountain Dew bottle. So I will be using a Mountain Dew bottle from here on out to show his growth.


Stitch is about as big as Darek was at birth, so this gives you an idea of his size then.
I don't have a picture of when he was 1 month old, because we didn't have him yet.



This is Darek at about 2 months old, while in Virginia. Still so darn tiny.

I did not take one of him at 3 months old. (I just didn't think about it)


And here is our big boy as of today. As you can see, quite a difference from his 2 month picture.

Darek is a very sweet boy, and has started reaching a few milestones in the last couple days. I'm hoping to post a video soon of it, but in the last 3 days or so, Darek has really started to coo and smile. He even laughed for the first time on Halloween. Sadly, I didn't get to hear it. He was laughing with his Daddy. I'm sure I'll hear it soon though. Since he came home, he has had some tough times. He has been a bit of a fussy baby (no matter what anyone thinks), but has really started to become a sweet little guy in the last couple days. We love having him as a part of the family. He is adored by every family member that has met him. We can't wait to see the fun things he'll do next!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Chubbers! That made me laugh out loud to see what a chunk he's become! That's great Mandi! I so want to see some more of him cooing and talking, I smile every time I think of him saying "Oooh, oooh" the other night. SO sweet!

Hayley Winslow said...

He still seems so little to me. Of course, my child is almost 20 pounds and is only a month older than yours, so I'm a bit thrown off. It is quite a difference seening the Mt. Dew comparison however.

Beth and Chad said...

I can't believe he's so dang big! I am so excited to come up on the 15th for everything! I love that the stitch doll is the model you used! Yea for baby Darek growth!

Karen said...

Wow, he's so big in comparison to how little he started out. He's still little but using the Mt. Dew bottle (by the way - Don's favorite beverage) really illustrated his growth.