Thursday, November 20, 2008

New Van

We did it! We got our new van! I cannot tell you how excited I am about it. I was so giddy yesterday as we were signing papers, waiting for the DVD player to be installed, etc. We ended up getting a 2008 Toyota Sienna. It only has about 14,000 miles on it and is a beautiful black color. I am already in love with it! Here are a few pictures of the outside.












Oh yeah, that is a sexy van!


Now, what is bound to happen the second you get a new vehicle? Anyone? That's right, someone has to spill something, right? We bought our van at a dealership in Draper. So after we picked it up last night, we decided to go over to IKEA to look around. As we were leaving IKEA, I got a drink for me and one for Alex. We got in the van and off we went. Well at about 7200 South I picked my cup up to take a drink. While I was drinking from it, I felt a wet sensation on my jeans. No, not a full bladder, but a hole in the bottom of my cup. Awesome. So, not wanting to get my new van covered in Mountain Dew, I held the cup over my lap and just let the Dew drain out on my pants until I could get off the freeway. I finally pulled into the gas station and got out of the van (by this time my jeans were soaked) and threw away the cup. The attendant at the gas station looked at me like I had issues (considering I looked like I wet my pants, can't say I blame her). As I got back in, I stole Darek's blanket to sit on the rest of the way home. I wiped down the steering wheel and cup holder with a wipe, but managed to keep things pretty clean. When we got home, Alex forgot his drink was in his cup holder and managed to tip his over, spilling it on the seat next to him. He caught it pretty quickly, so not much damage done there. So now that we have some 15 or so cup holders, no drinks allowed in the van! Just kidding, of course. It's just the way of breaking in a new vehicle, right?

3 comments:

Beth and Chad said...

remember the early days of vans, just ONE side door and you had to open it by HAND? Where have those days gone? I love the van! Congrats! You are officially now a member of the van club...HA HA! I'm now the only one in the family who is NOT a member!

Holly said...

I want interior shots too! I want to see this cool DVD player of yours. And I think the dash on the Sienna looks so good!

Patty R said...

What a sexy car, lol :) I really like it. Funny story about your drink.