Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Yes, I am one of those "idiots" who participated in the craziness of Black Friday! And I loved every minute of it... starting right at 3:30 this morning when I woke up. I left the house at 3:45 and headed to Walmart. Walmart did something a little different than what I'm used to. I'm used to freezing my butt off out in the cold for an hour or so and then running frantically to a general area to grab what I want. Well when I arrived, to my surprise, no one was waiting outside. They were allowing people to come in and find their item and stand next to it for an hour and wait while the clock ticked ever so slowly. But it was nice to be able to scope out the store to know where you'd be running next. I was able to get everything I wanted there (I cannot really mention what, since people reading this will then know what they are getting). After about 2 hours at Walmart, I headed to Kmart where I was also able to find just about everything I was looking for. Then I went to Gamestop and finally ShopKo before taking a break. I went home, unloaded my treasures, picked up the boys (which my parents had been sweet enough to watch since Ryan had to work) and we headed over to Toys 'R Us and Circuit City.

It was an insane day, but I had so much fun. I was lucky enough to meet up with three of my wonderful friends, Tammy, Kaylene and Beccie, at a few stores. We had fun talking and basking in the craziness of the morning. I know people think it's nuts to shop this way, but I find the adrenaline rush so addictive! I was able to get the majority of my shopping done this morning, so that will be a little less stress for the holidays. I hope the rest of the shoppers out there this morning were able to get what they wanted (and I'm sorry if I took any of your items). Happy Holidays!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean by the adrenaline rush of doing the early morning Black Friday shopping. Most years I'm out there with the other 'idiots' like us. This year there was only one small thing I wanted from Staples, but I didn't think it was worth doing the whole routine for just the one thing. When I finally rolled out of bed (around 10:00) I looked on Staples website and found the same thing, same price, with free delivery. Awesome!!

Tammy said...

I am so glad you like the crazyness of it also,and it was nice to hook up with you just sorry you didn't make it to breakfast.I have to say I have never done walmart before and when 5 am hit and you heard that sound of people tearing things apart to get to the item I was a little nervous, but I was happy that my son was there to help me and I am happy to say we DID get our new 42 inch TV. YAY! I also got alot done and look forward to just picking thing up here and there to get the rest of it done and to enjoy the holidays.

Patty R said...

I didn't know you where as crazy as I am. That's awesome you got so many good deals. I got up at 2 am and got some really good deals too, I love Black Friday, lol.

Holly said...

I think your nuts, but I'm glad you had fun! It's good there are people brave enough to take on those kinds of scenes. Just another wonderful way that you expand my horizons. :)

Karen said...

I've only done the Black Friday thing once when Don's girls made me go with them - NEVER AGAIN! I don't care how much I save - it's not worth the crowds, lines and loss of sleep. Maybe I'm just old, I don't know.