Wednesday, October 29, 2008

This Week

I feel bad that it's been a week since I've blogged. I've just had a hard time sitting down to do it. There are a few things to update you on. First of all, we took Darek into the doctor for a checkup right after we got back from Disneyland. He now weighs 8 lbs and is 20.5 inches long. So he has quadrupled his weight since he was born. For those of you who hated me after I had Alex because he was such a great baby, you'll be pleased to know that little Darek here has quite a bit of attitude. He is SOOOO cute, but has quite a temper. He is not a great sleeper yet. When we are out and about, he is great. But at home he has a harder time being content if he is not being held. We're working on it. Overall, he really is a wonderful baby. He has the funniest little expressions and absolutely ADORES his big brother! And Alex adores him.
I got a call today that Ian's headstone had been put in. So Alex, Darek and I went to the cemetery this morning to see it. It looks really nice and I am happy with the way it turned out. Here is a photo of it:


A lot of people have commented about how well I'm handling everything. I don't know how well I'm doing. It's a roller coaster for me and always will be I think. I'm still in "twin mode" where I still feel like I need to be buying two of everything. So I'll see a cute outfit and automatically pick up two. Then I get that sting of sadness and put one back. There are little things here and there that get me really upset and I'll cry. I feel that as a family, we are doing well. We have a lot of discussions together that really help us cope.


We are all looking forward to Halloween. Alex, Darek and I were all going to go to St George for the weekend because Ryan was going to be working on Halloween. But he ended up being able to get the day off, so because of that (and several other reasons) we will be staying in Salt Lake. Alex is going to be Darth Vader and Darek is going to be either Stitch or a bumble bee. It all depends on if he can still fit in his Stitch costume on Halloween.


So that's all for now. We were going to decorate for Christmas this past weekend, but decided to wait until this coming weekend. We have everything out and ready to set up, but just haven't done it yet. I will post once it's all set up!

3 comments:

Patty R said...

You are so strong Mandi. Darek's stitch costume is too cute. Decorating for Christmas already? It's not even Halloween yet, lol :)

Beth and Chad said...

I will be so sad if he doesn't fit into the stitch outfit! I cna't believe he's such a big guy- Chad told me that he's real baby sized now! Send pics of the Alex Vader for me! I wish you were coming down :( I'll be up in a few weeks though! Yea NKOTB!

Holly said...

The headstone is so sweet Mandi, I'll have to stop by to see it. I am tremendously awed by you, what a roller coaster everyday.

I truly hope Darek still fits in his cute little costume! He looks so cuddly, I want to snuggle him!

I hope things work out that we can go on Halloween. I loved watching the boys playing with Alex today. I think it's so fun how they want to be just like him. You can see it in their eyes, everything he does is SO cool!

I love you, and all of your adorable family!