Thursday, December 4, 2008

5 months old

It's insane to me that Darek is 5 months old now. First of all, because he is still so little and doesn't look close to being 5 months old at all. But second, because it's hard to believe he's been in our lives for over 3 months now. Amazing!

Darek has grown in many ways this month. He has gotten a little bit bigger. He is a whopping 10 lbs now. (The doctor did not measure him this time as we were just in to get the RSV shot, so I don't know how tall he is at the moment.) But he has also started acting like a big boy. He has started talking and smiling a lot more now, especially if it is to me, Ryan and Alex. He loves us, and it's so fun to see him react to us. He still has a major attitude when it comes to his food and the times when he wants attention, but when he gets what he wants, he is such a sweetie. I had been trying FOREVER to get a picture of Darek smiling, but anytime I'd hold the camera up, the smile would disappear. Tonight, while Ryan was home, I finally got a few. They are sooooo cute! We love our little Darek so much. It's so fun watching him grow, especially from such a small little guy. I'm sure each month will bring more and more fun.
4 months

5 months

Getting a big kiss from big brother Alex

Look at that sweet look on Darek's face. Priceless.

Darek has a couple different smiles. This is a more laid back smile.



This is his really happy smile. In this picture he is smiling at his Daddy. He LOVES his Daddy!

This is me trying to play with my new camera. It's pretty cute, but I think Darek is to blame for that.

I thought it fitting to post this one last as we're getting into the holiday. What a beautiful, little guy!!


5 comments:

Hayley Winslow said...

I can't believe how much he's changing. Even his face is a little different since we saw him last. So cute.

*Star said...

Mandi, your boys are so beautiful! I really like the one of Alex giving Darek a kiss, it is so sweet.

Patty R said...

Cute pictures. Your boys are too cute :)

Beth and Chad said...

I can't wait to come up for Christmas and give your boys what they want! Yea for being an auntie. I know it will be horrible when I have my own, there will tons of payback! I'm excited to see your camera too! Cute nephews- YAY!

Stevens said...

I was watching Darek from across the chapel yesterday and he does look so much older!! He was very alert and so cute (I almost thought he was looking right at me, but then remembered they can't see that far!) I still love the mountain dew idea!