Friday, December 19, 2008

Back to School

I have decided I am going back to school! I have been thinking about it for quite a while, but really just finally decided a few weeks ago. I am going to the DATC for a few certificates. I'm going to do things that I can use at home as a wife and mother, but they are also things that I could make into a business if I ever felt the need/want to do so. My first certificate will be in the Culinary Arts. Once I have finished that, I will hopefully be getting my Cosmetology certificate. Both of these are things I love to do, and I think being able to really learn how to do them will help me throughout my life. My big goal has been to find something I can do from home, so I think this will work out perfectly. Anyway, I'm really excited about this and wanted to share... YAY!

3 comments:

Beccie Nielsen said...

Mandi! I am so happy for you! That is so exciting! What an adventure and fun time! I love the adrenaline you get when a new semester starts. You feel you can conquer anything. School is stressful but very fulfilling. Congratulations! For next semester, I will not be attending any classes at the DATC. I'm working well with my CNA Certificate and it is keeping me busy enough. I have thought several times of going back to the DATC to get an MA certificate. Just another responsibility, a step higher than a CNA. I have my fingers pretty much in every pie I can handle right now. I think it would be such a fun thing though to attend with you. Car pool and such. The class with Kaylene was a blast! The car rides, the talks, the class and the stresses were all enjoyed. Maybe Fall 2009 I'll take a class. Well Sexy Mamma, good luck. Let me know if you need some help with the ropes there. I'm not an expert, but I know a few things. Talk to ya later! Loves.

Tammy said...

Way to go Mandi I am happy for you. You will be great in both fields, and as soon as you are certified I will be coming to you for a hair cut. Hey Thanks for letting us barrow your DS we are having a blast on it and can't wait till Thursday when we get ours.Your awesome! Lets hang out soon!

Stevens said...

That is great Mandi! I'm excited to hear how it goes. I loved the "funny clip". Sometimes Micah grabs my face and makes me stare at him while he talks. We can all relate! Hope you had a great Christmas!