Monday, May 12, 2008

Surprise Holly!

My sweet friend Holly has been giving me a terrible guilt trip because I will be gone on vacation for her birthday. So I tried thinking of a way to "make it better". So I got together with our other friends, Tammy and Kaylene, and planned a surprise party for her. We didn't want to make it too big, so we decided it would just be the four of us. Her birthday isn't until the 19th, and we did this on the 9th, so she truly had no idea what was up. We got her hubby, Andy, in on it so we could set everything up at her house and really surprise her.
When they got home, she was coming to the back room where we had her cake, presents, balloons, etc. set up. We heard her stop and say, "What the....", so we jumped out and said surprise. We took her to eat at our favorite place, Joy Luck. After a wonderful dinner we went back and opened presents. We asked her what she wanted to do after that. She said she wanted to go to a store and walk around. A little odd, but okay. We went to Fred Meyer, but they were about to close. So we went to Wal Mart. We wanted to get something to remind us of the night. After looking at jewelry, trying on 5 or 6 shirts, we finally settled on matching pj's. We were probably at Wal Mart for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. But we all enjoyed every minute of it. We came back to Holly's house and played a little Mario Kart. Then we turned on August Rush. Sadly, we were so tired by then that Kaylene and Holly started falling asleep. I was really intrigued by the movie, so we agreed to finish it on our next girls night. So finally, at about 4:30 in the morning, we went back to our homes to get a little sleep.


Here are a few pictures I got of our wonderful evening...






Happy birthday Holly! I hope you had as much fun as I did.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

That was a blast Mandi! Great idea!

Holly said...

Oh you guys are just the best of the best! In explanation of my random request of going to the store... as a mom who is homebound and carless 5 out of 7 days a week, going to the store with my girlfriends is like a trip to Disneyland! I had so much fun, you are totally redeemed for going to Disneyland over my birthday!