Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all Mother's out there. I hope it was a wonderful day! Usually we don't do too much for Mother's or Father's Day. And honestly, that's okay with me. This year was nice... we went to church in the morning, but came home a little early as Alex is still getting over his cold and Ryan isn't feeling great either. We ate lunch with my parents and then went to visit Ryan's parents. It was very relaxing and nothing too out of the ordinary. For me, Mother's Day is a day for me to reflect on my role as a Mother and how lucky I am to be a Mom. I don't like the idea of getting big gifts for Mother's Day. I love that Alex is at the age now where he can bring home the drawings and hand prints for me. To me, those are the greatest gifts. At preschool, they had Alex fill in some blanks about me. When I read it, I wanted to laugh and cry. It was so sweet to see what he wrote about me. Here is what he wrote....

1. My mom is 30 years old.

2. She is 5 or something ft. tall.

3. She weighs 49 pounds.

4. Her favorite food is macaroni, doughnuts, cookies.

5. She likes to play video games.

6. She doesn't like spiders, snakes, lions and pickles.

7. She goes to work at health center while I'm at school.

8. I like when my Mom builds me a train set, do stuff she likes to do and I do, stuff I want to do.


Love, Alex


It just makes me laugh. What a sweet boy. Some of the stuff he got right... others (like me being 30 and weighing 49 lbs.) not so right. It's just funny how kids view things. Here are the pictures I got from him for Mother's Day

The first picture is of me holding a flower. And his preschool teacher took this picture of him at school. Funny kid!

This picture in red is of the whole family. I love how he depicted my weight so well in the picture. All of my 49 lbs. Alex has only recently started to like drawing and coloring, so it's nice to get pictures from him. So, that was my Mother's Day! I love my family!

1 comment:

Patty R said...

How sweet, The drawings are so cute. Happy Mother's day!