Wednesday, May 14, 2008

One Day!

This morning I got up after having a terrible nights sleep (thanks to my son). But I soon realized that we have one day left until we leave, which made me considerably happier. So as soon as Alex got up I said, "One day left!" He smiled at me and said, "Yay." I was expecting a little more enthusiasm from him, so I said, "Aren't you excited? We're leaving tomorrow!" He got a look of confusion on his face and asked, "What?" Again I repeated that we were leaving tomorrow. "WHAT???" And with the biggest grin on his face he said, "Mom, I think I just need to scream right now!"

Even though we've been counting down for a couple months now, I don't think he realized that one day left meant that we're leaving tomorrow. It was a funny moment that totally cracked me up!

4 comments:

Holly said...

How cute, we are totally going to miss you guys! FYI - the Thompson's and Maddie Russell are going to be there over the weekend too, so keep your eyes open for them. :) Have a great time girl!

Ryan and Mandi said...

Yeah, I heard that from Mattie at church on Sunday. She had asked me to sub in Alex's class. Don't think that'll work too well...

Tammy said...

Alex is so cute!!!!Have fun girl.
We'll see you next Tuesday!

Hayley Winslow said...

I'm looking at this post on Thursday morning and the counter says 36 min and 35 seconds. We're thinking about you waiting at the airport right now and how excited Alex must be. My kids wish they were with him.