Monday, May 5, 2008

Movie reviews

My parents took off with Alex this past weekend down to St George. It was really hard not having our little boy here, but it was nice to spend some time together alone. After our yard sale on Saturday, we decided we would catch a couple movies, since we don't get to do that very much anymore.


We decided to see Baby Mama first. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler did an awesome job! They were great together and the movie was very funny. I had no idea Steve Martin was in it, and his character was hilarious!



The next one we saw was Iron Man. And honestly one I wasn't really looking forward to seeing. I just couldn't see Robert Downey Jr. pulling off being a super hero. But can I tell you... That movie kicked butt! It was actually quite funny. And it was action packed without being graphic or bloody. And my goodness, they made Jeff Bridges look so old in this movie. I seriously didn't know it was him until he actually spoke.




So there are my movie reviews. I was extremely happy with both movies, so if either of these has looked tempting to see, I would tell you to go for it. Ryan and I had a great time at the movies.
We're very happy now that Alex is home safe, and we all are counting down the few days left until we go on our trip!! It can't come soon enough!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Loved "Baby Mama!" Thanks for inviting us, wish we could have stayed for Iron Man too. We'll have to catch that one sometime soon.

Hayley Winslow said...

I went on Fri. with a friend to "Baby Mama". I thought it was pretty funny but the story line was a lot different than I thought it would be, so I was a little dissapointed with that. Mike saw "Iron Man" with a friend earlier that day and he loved it!