Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Nevermind...

So, I went in on Monday night to tell the bakery that the job would just not work out. I asked if they had an internship... something where maybe I could just come in once or twice a week while Alex is in school and I can get someone to watch Darek. That way I could still drop off and pick Alex up from school. She was more than happy to allow me to do something like that. She said I needed to go to an orientation (which is tonight) and then they would work me into the schedule with whatever I would be able to do. And they are still going to pay me for it! So I just pick out the Wednesday before what hours I can come in the following week (if any) and they put me down for it. If it looks like it won't work out, then I let them know. It's really better than I could've imagined and it feels good to really be wanted. So, we'll see how it all goes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! Congratulations!

julie said...

Sweet! My summer schedule, at least as of now, if pretty lax so if you ever need help with Darek I would love to love on him for a few hours. It might make me more baby hungry than I want to be, but it would be fun!

Stevens said...

That is great news Mandi! Good luck - I know you'll do great!

Clover said...

That sounds like a dream come true. I wish I could find a job like that.