Friday, April 3, 2009

Thankful Friday

Even though it's only 2:30 in the morning, I guess it's officially Friday so I can do this post :)

1. Hot Showers - I have never been one to love a bath. The water gets too cold, the bathtub just isn't big enough (or I'm not small enough), etc... but I love a hot shower! It feels so good in the morning, like I can start really fresh with the day. I can't explain this well, but it just feels so nice.

2. The Locator - This is a newer show (at least to me) that I've begun watching that is a really wonderful program. It's about bringing separated family members back together again. Each story has brought tears to my eyes and I just love being able to watch something so worthwhile. It doesn't happen very often on tv.

3. Darek eating again - Don't worry, he hasn't been starved or anything. But he has been sick for almost a month now. When he's sick, he cannot eat baby food properly and ends up gagging or not being able to breathe when he's congested. He just hasn't figured it out how to do it yet. So he has just been on bottles. But the past week he has really started to get better and can eat baby food again. It's a relief to me and hopefully this will get him gaining a little more weight.

4. Class parties - Alex's spring class party is tomorrow (today) and I get to be in charge of one of the activities. I'm doing jello jigglers in easter shapes and having the kids put whip cream and candy on them and then they get to eat it. I hope it will be a big hit. But I just love doing things like this and it makes me wonder if I should've stuck with schooling and become a teacher... NAH!

5. Movies - I haven't been able to sit and watch a movie for a long time by myself. But these past couple nights have given me the opportunity to do that, while I've worked on other projects. I've watched some really good movies: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, A Mighty Heart and I even enjoyed Because I Said So. It's fun to have a movie night by yourself every once in a while.

6. Vacation Countdown - We are now into the thirties with our countdown to Disneyland. It's going by so fast and I can't wait for it to come.

7. Modern Technology - My parents are currently in Disneyland and this morning as I was sitting at the computer, I saw that my Dad got on Skype (a video phone call type program). At first we started typing messages back and forth, but when I told him I was holding the cutest baby in the world, he caved and called me. We got to do a video phone call through web cams. Ryan and I got laptops with web cams for this very reason. It's so nice to know that even though you're away from people you love, you can still see them at a click of a button. It just amazes me!

8. Less Stress - It's nice not to have a big project to work on right now. I'm still crazy busy with lots of little things, but I love not having a big project to stress over. It has helped me to relax a little more.

9. Humility - There are times when I start thinking about what happened with Ian and I start a little pity party, but then I get on facebook or blogs and read about what other people are going through. I know we all have our own trials to face, but I am grateful to be humbled every once in a while and remember that I am not the only person facing trials in this world.

10. Change - There have been changes in my life in the past couple months that have helped me grow tremendously! Change can be very scary at first when you don't know the outcome. But when you stick to what you know is right and what will be best for you, the result can be better than what you could ever have imagined!

Love to all! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Koreena said...

How funny, your number one was almost on my list this week. :)