Friday, April 24, 2009

Thankful Friday

It's not like me to go a whole week without blogging. At least I have this weekly one to make sure I blog at least once a week.

1. Saving Money - We've been thinking about getting a new swing set for quite a while, but never found the greatest deal. But this past week I saw that all the swing sets were going to be on sale at Toys R Us. So we found one that was normally $500.00, on sale for $379.99. To make matters even better, we got a 20% off coupon for any one item. So there was another $76.00 off. It felt good looking at the receipt and seeing "you saved $196.00".

2. Lagoon - We were able to go to Lagoon last Saturday and we totally had a blast. It was beautiful weather and the lines were all short. It was the perfect day to go and we had so much fun together. And I finally got to go on Wicked (3 times)! The last time I went, I decided not to hold on at all. I love that feeling of excitement!

3. Less than 2 weeks - We are 12 days away from Disneyland... need I say more? :)

4. Slurpees - I have had 2 slurpees this week! I love when the good weather starts to come out, because that means it's slurpee season. We'll still get a few during the winter, but there is nothing like a cold slurpee on a hot day!

5. Dadadadada - That is my favorite new noise. I love Darek's babbling, but it's especially cute when he says Dadadadada.

6. My van - When we decided to still get our van after Ian died, I didn't know if we'd really need the extra space and if we were wasting our money by getting it. But it has been so wonderful to have, especially considering that I watch 3 little girls throughout the week. I LOVE my van and it's such a perfect fit for our family!

7. Sleeping through the night - It doesn't happen all the time, but in the past 2 weeks I've had probably 6 or 7 nights where I've been able to sleep all through the night. It has been so nice and I'm so grateful to Darek for it!

8. A little boys love - I applied for a job as a cake decorator this past Wednesday. When I had told Alex that I was applying for the job, he thought it was cool that I might get to work in a bakery and I'm sure thought about all the cookies and brownies he might get from this. So after my interview on Wednesday, I picked Alex up from school and told him the interview went well and explained that I'd have one more interview. He asked if I got the job. I told him I didn't know yet. He said, "Good, cause I don't want you to go back to work." I explained it would only be part time, so I wouldn't be gone too much. He replied, "I just like having you home and don't want you to be gone at all." I told him that I would go to the 2nd interview, but I wouldn't take the job until we discussed it as a family. He agreed to that. I love my little man. And even though it broke my heart to hear him say that, it also made me feel so good. I'm so glad that he loves having me around as much as I love being around him.

Well, I will probably be working on putting a swing set together all weekend. Hope yours is a lot more exciting. Wish me luck!

No comments: