Sunday, April 26, 2009

Yes or No?

I applied for a job as a cake decorator about a week ago. I had my first interview last Wednesday and had my second one yesterday. I was offered (begged) the job yesterday. I am so torn as to what to do. I've been thinking and praying about it. They told me that they would pretty much work with me as far as hours go and would start me out with a few hours if needs be and work it up if I wanted. In other words, they'll let me do just about whatever I need to do. Great, huh? It's a job I really want and I'd get to learn so much from the decorators that work there already. We could use the money, but don't necessarily NEED it. My boys (especially Alex) REALLY don't want me to take it and I know that I don't want to leave them. I have to have an answer by tomorrow, so I'm weighing all pros and cons at this point and trying to figure it out. Wish me lots of luck. Feel free to leave opinions for me.

3 comments:

Koreena said...

That's a hard decision. I know it's a talent you really want to explore further and it's so great to get paid for doing something you love! I think it's great they're willing to work with you as far as your schedule. I guess I'd say maybe do it just a couple days a week while Alex is in school and just make sure you could be home when he is. Just my opinion. Good luck with your decision!!

Stevens said...

That is a tough one Mandi!! Are there ways to do it early morning or late at night so Alex won't miss you (or while he's at school?) It sounds like they are very willing to work with you - so maybe use that to your advantage. They must have seen all the great creations on your blog...good luck!!!

Tammy said...

I have always had some kind of a job, however was lucky enough to work around my kids schedules. Sometimes the best therapy is getting out and having some adult conversation and you come back a better wife and mom.

Hard decision to make, but you are already doing exactly what you should. Heavenly Father will help you with your choice, he knows what's best for you and your darling family.

Good luck, you definately have a talent and they would be lucky to have you on their team.