Friday, July 4, 2008

St. George

How fun it is to go to St. George. It's always fun watching the kids play together and this time was especially fun, since I got to meet my new nephew, Brayden.
One of the highlights of this trip, other than meeting Brayden, was being able to see Les Miserables at Tuacahn in St. George. I have always been a huge fan of Phantom of the Opera, and have somewhat like Les Mis. Ryan and I have seen both in Salt Lake when they have come. But the performance of Les Mis was not that great, therefore, I've never had a deep connection with the music or characters. The Tuacahn performance completely changed my opinion. I was amazed with the actors and because of that, fell in love with the music. Ryan has always hoped that I would love it like he does, and he was very excited to hear about how much I do love it now.

One of the other really fun things we did was taking the kids to a place called Jumping Jacks. This place is full of all those fun blow up bouncing contraptions. And luckily, as adults, we had the option "supervise" the children on the equipment. In other words, PLAY TIME!! So, my sister Bethany, brother in law Mike, and myself volunteered to do the supervising. I think we had at least as much fun as the kids, if not more. On some of them they had tunnels you had to go through to get on. I'm sure I looked ridiculous trying to climb and out. Oh well! I don't live there, so I most likely won't see those people again. But it was great fun, and we were all very exhausted after we left.

I forgot my camera when I went down, so the only pictures I have are from my camera phone. So I apologize for the poor quality.


Proud Aunt Mandi holding Brayden at Jumping Jacks while everyone else was playing.


A very sleepy little Brayden. He must be exhausted with all that eating and pooping he does. :)

The boy cousins all together. Alex loved holding Brayden while we were there. He's such a good cousin.

And as always, we must have a silly picture of the kids. They just really love being around each other.

1 comment:

Hayley Winslow said...

Doesn't matter that it's camera phone pictures- the kids are cute! Speaking of which, I have a little squishy crying right now. Long day. We are glad you guys came. I thought it was a fun trip. I'm glad you liked Les Mis. I have some tickets still, so if Ryan wants to come down sometime between now and Oct. 20th, you guys can see it together. Love ya!