Saturday, February 14, 2009

Why We Love Each Other

Last night I was talking to Alex and he loves to come up with little games. Especially trivia games. Right now the big one is trivia about Disneyland. (ex. Q. How many ghosts in the Haunted Mansion? A. 999, but always room for one more.) Well, last night he was doing this and switched it up a little. He decided we all should to name one of our favorite things about each family member. I thought it was perfect for Valentine's Day. So here is what we came up with.

On Darek - Alex said he loves that Darek talks now and all the funny noises he makes. Mandi said she loves Dareks smile and how happy it makes her. Ryan said he loves when Darek gets really excited and stomps his foot (it's really cute, and very funny).

On Alex - (we guessed on Dareks answers) Darek said he loves how funny Alex is and loves to watch him do crazy things. Mandi said she loves how kind Alex is. She also loves to get hugs and kisses from him. Ryan said he loves listening to Alex laugh.

On Mandi - Darek said he loves that Mommy can cheer him up and knows what to do when he's sad. Alex said he loves that his Mommy loves him and he loves his Mommy. Ryan said he loves that Mandi understands him and loves him for who he is.

On Ryan - Darek said he loves being in his Daddy's arms and loves to cuddle with him. Alex said that he loves that his Daddy is the best game buddy in the world. Mandi said she loves that Ryan knows how important it is for her to be home right now, and he is doing everything he can to make sure that happens.

This was such a fun activity, and it was really neat to see what each person came up with. I love my family so much! We went out last night for a family Valentine's dinner, and as we were all walking together, I found myself thinking that everything I wanted was right there with me. Yes, I would love to have more children. Yes, it would be great to have Ryan done with school and move to our future home in California. Sure, I would love to go back to school and get a few degrees. But honestly, what matters most is that I have an amazing relationship with my incredible and loving husband. I have three beautiful boys that are so sweet and wonderful... I feel so in awe that I was chosen to be their Mother. I love that I can be at home right now and give 100% of my time to Ryan, Alex and Darek. When I look at all of these things, I know that I have a truly blessed life.

No comments: