Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cake Fun

I was supposed to go to my cake class last night. But because of the storm, our teacher canceled and rescheduled for another day. Well, my friends and I had already made our cakes and icing, so we decided to do our own thing last night and still make our cakes. I think we all did a pretty decent job, but the important thing was, we had a TON of fun doing it.

Icing our cakes

More icing

Me, staring on my decorations.

I think this was Darek's was of trying to get our attention.

Look at that face!

Tammy working on some decorating


My cute little flowers

Kaylene trying to hold back from taking a bite :)

I had to wait for my flowers to harden a little, so I finally got to finish decorating this morning

More of my cake

The finished product. I need to work on placement and my writing, but overall I think it turned out pretty well. I'll let the other girls show of their cakes on their blogs. I don't want to take their glory away!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I am so impressed! That is such a cute cake! That sounds like a fun class!

Anonymous said...

That looks soo good! Makes me hungry!

Ryan and Mandi said...

If you guys lived closer, I would totally bring it over to you. I am kinda on a diet, so making food like this doesn't help me very much. I just wrote happy birthday on it just to write something so it didn't look plain. It isn't actually for someone specific.

Karen said...

That looks very professional and really yummy! I'm not supposed to have sugar (it makes me sick now) but sometimes I eat it anyway and suffer the consequences. If I had access to your cake I'd be pretty sick right now.

Patty R said...

Awesome job. The cake looks so professional!