Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chuck E Cheese's

I had absolutely nothing scheduled to do yesterday. It was actually a first and I decided I wanted to do something really fun for Alex. I decided to surprise him with Chuck E Cheese's.

Alex is such a great big brother! I did not know how he was going to take becoming a big brother, especially since he was an only child for so long. But I have been so amazed at how natural it has been for him. Not only that, but when Alex is in the room, Darek cannot take his eyes off his big brother. I have a feeling that as soon as Darek is mobile, Alex will have a little shadow everywhere he goes. I also went to parent/teacher conference with Alex the other night and found that he really doing wonderful in school. (I kinda already knew that, but it's nice to hear from his teacher too.) He has met and exceeded everything they are supposed to learn. He is doing really well with reading, and it makes me so proud as a Mom.

I love my little Alex, and for all these reasons (and more), I really thought he deserved this. So without telling him where we were going, I asked him to pick two of his friends that he would like to have come with us to a very fun place. He chose Ben S. and Ben F. to come with us. I set it all up with parents and off we went. Right before we left, I gave him a few hints to figure out where we were going. When he figured it out, he got really excited. He looked at me and said, "Mom you are so awesome, and you are about to make me cry." I started laughing. But he got a little serious and said, "I'm serious, I'm really about to cry." I gave him a big hug, since the comment now was about to make me cry. (I love getting comments like that!)

We had 4 great hours at Chuck E Cheese's. The boys had so much fun and played so great together. Darek even had a great time! He was mesmerized by all the lights and all the kids playing.

I had planned to take lots of pictures with my camera. Well, I remembered my camera, but forgot my SD card. So I only have a few from my camera phone.

Arriving at Chuck E Cheese's

I thought they were going to run off all their energy just while we were waiting outside.

While we were waiting in line to get in, they all had to go to the window and look inside to see what awaited them.


Where a kid can be a kid!

5 comments:

Holly said...

So cute, Alex is such an amazing little guy!

Tammy said...

So much fun Mandi. Your such a great and fun mom! The boys look so excited, thats great. I love alex's comment "your awesome mom your about to make me cry", I love it!

Patty R said...

How fun Mandi. You are an awesome mom!

Beccie Nielsen said...

Alex is so cute! I am amazed by his wisdom and words to say. He is just like his mom. So cute! PS- You didn't take me?!!! What's up with that? Lol. Just kiddin girl! I love you!

Stevens said...

Thanks for including Ben, he had a great time!! What amazing cupcakes. You could have some fun with these on April fools. Last year I made peas, carrots and corn (out of starburst and chewy jolly ranchers) and grilled cheese (out of cake and orange frosting!) and totally had the boys fooled. They wouldn't eat the veggies until they figured it out, then chowed! Cute ideas!