Sunday, February 15, 2009

Seven Things

Seven things I can do:
1. Play the piano. It's a talent I've had for a long time, and I love that I can play.
2. Be a good friend. I love having close friends and feel that I am a good friend back. But betray me, and you'll lose my trust forever.
3. Bake. I love baking! I feel I can bake pretty well and it's something I really enjoy doing... especially when Alex wants to help me.
4. I've been told that I'm a great wife and mother. I love my family more than anything and being a wife and mother is something I'm always striving to get better at doing.
5. Planning. I probably should be a reservation agent or something, because I love to plan. I love planning vacations, parties (I can't wait for Alex's birthday party!), daily activities, etc. I love making lists of what I need to get done and when. I really find it to be exciting to cross things off my lists.
6. Have fun. I love to have fun! We take as many vacations as possible as a family. It's so nice to get away and not have those every day worries of life. I love being with my friends and playing games.
7. Sing. I don't feel that I have a spectacular voice, but I really love to sing. I love singing in the shower, singing in the car, singing in the store... but I love singing with Ryan. We have particular songs that we'll just start singing a'capella to. And I must admit, we sound pretty good together.

Seven things I can't do:
1. Lose weight. I probably could do this if I tried really hard. I'm actually starting a diet today and we'll see how it goes.
2. Keep my house clean. Again, this is probably I could do if I tried. I just have a hard time with wanting to do it.
3. Read. I like to read, but never give myself the time to do it.
4. Stop thinking about Disneyland. It's always on my mind. Even right after I come home from a trip, I can't stop thinking about the next time we'll get to go. I love that place!
5. Get back to school. Part of this is a time issue, but another part of it is lack of motivation. As long as I feel that I'm getting some sort of education in what I want to be doing (ex. taking a cake decorating class), I don't feel the need to go back to school.
6. I can't stop shopping. It's a true addiction. It's really bad right after a holiday. I know that the candy and merchandise will all be 50% off, so I feel I need to take advantage if it's such a good deal. It's not even about having the "stuff", it's about getting an amazing deal. I'm truly sick and I need help. :)
7. Get enough of my friends and family. The bonus to being home now is that I get to spend so much time with my friends and my family. But it still seems like I don't have enough time with them.

Seven things I say most:
1. I love you!
2. Totally
3. Alex David (not always out of anger, but just to say it)
4. Darek Ethan (same as above)
5. Not right now (this is one I want to work on... I hate that I say this one too much)
6. Ryan - mention in conversation and such
7. Disney/Disneyland - it comes up a lot around here

Seven Goals for the New Year:
1. Remember family members birthday's, even if it's a little late! - Jen, I did remember yours and you will be getting something from me soon! I promise! And, happy birthday Aaron! You'll be getting something soon too!
2. Handle finances a little better
3. Try not to let people get to me/Be true to myself
4. Be a better member of the church
5. Become really great at something - hopefully it'll be making cakes. I would love to make someone's wedding cake by the end of the year, but I don't know if I'll have the guts to do it.
6. Eat less junk food.
7. Less shopping... oh this one is going to kill me!

Seven reasons I fell in Love with Ryan:
1. We met in choir, and I loved that he could sing
2. He wrote the most beautiful letters to me. I remember that I would actually forget to breathe while reading his letters.
3. The way I felt when he held me.
4. The fact he never second guessed marrying me. He knew from the start that we were supposed to be together.
5. He is the funniest person I know. He can always make me laugh, even on my worst day.
6. This one came later... but I love how much he loves our children. He is an amazing father and would do anything to make sure our children are happy.
7. I love him just as much as he loves me.

Seven things I love to eat:
1. Texas Roadhouse!!!!
2. Better Cheddars
3. Red Vines
4. Manicotti
5. Fruit - I especially love berries... strawberries and raspberries... oh sooo good!
6. Chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven
7. Chocolate covered marshmallow
---Now I'm extremely hungry... maybe I'll start the diet tomorrow :)

Seven people I tag:
1. Clover
2. Tammy
3. Amy G.
4. Kaylene
5. Amy A.
6. Rachel
7. Koreena

This is assuming you all read my blog, which you probably don't. How about this, just do it if you feel like it.

1 comment:

Beccie Nielsen said...

Great blog! I learned things I never knew about you. How cool!