Friday, February 27, 2009

Hanging with Kindergartners

For the past 3 weeks, I have been helping in Alex's class all day on Thursdays. Every week I go through wondering if I should go or not... thinking how exhausted I'll be afterward. But somehow I talk myself into going, and I have not regretted it yet. 5-6 year olds are the greatest! Not only are they learning new things like crazy, but they are making friends and I know my Alex is developing his sense of humor every day.

Every week I hear the funniest stories from these little kids. I'll have to write some of the stories down so I can type them up on here. But I get to sit and paint with them a group at a time. They all seem to love "Alex's Mom", but I think that's because I bring the "really cute baby" with me every week. Darek has become somewhat of a celebrity in Alex's class. Alex loves to show him off and I think Darek ends up being as exhausted as I am with all his adoring fans surrounding him. (And for all those freaking out right now, I'm not completely irresponsible. I don't let the kids touch him... just look at him and talk to him.)

Tomorrow, I think I'll be going a little overboard. I'm going to be taking Darek, Alex and 4 of Alex's school friends to the Gateway to have lunch and then to the Discovery Gateway. I'm actually really excited and maybe a little nervous. I will have one other person there to help me, so it shouldn't be too bad. But after getting confirmations from his friends, Alex said, "Mom, tomorrow is going to be the best day ever!" I hope it will live up to his standards :) I'm taking my camera with me, so hopefully I'll have some great pictures to post of our fun day tomorrow.

No comments: