Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pictures from the week and a funny moment

I just had a few pictures I felt like posting and thought I'd share a funny Alex moment from today.

During church today, one of my contacts really started to bug my eye. I rubbed and rubbed, did everything I could to get it feeling better. It didn't feel better, so I just took it out. I went through the rest of church with one contact in and the other out. Not very enjoyable. When we got home I took the other contact out and decided to give my eyes a little rest. Some of you may know this, but I am not good with contacts. I will wear a pair for several months (sometimes without taking them out). Yes, I know it's not good for me, and I've received several lectures about it. I'm sure I'll get a few more now. Because I wear my contacts so often, I almost never wear glasses. Anyway, I took out my glasses and dusted them off. Soon after, I picked Darek up because he was getting upset. Alex looked over at me with a very concerned look (after seeing the glasses). He then told me, "Mom, maybe you should take those glasses off. I think you're scaring Darek." Leave it up to a 5 year old to tell you the truth about how you look. A few hours later and I still have the glasses on, but I have had several reminders from Alex that I really should put my contacts back in.



....At least he's honest!















Here are a few more pictures I wanted to post.



3 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Mandi that's funny. Alex Is awesome. But hey you don't look that scary in those glasses.

Patty R said...

What a funny story, lol. The pictures are too cute :)

Beth and Chad said...

Oh, my nephews are so dang cute! I can't wait to see them again!