Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Updated info on Ian

Sorry I'm not blogging as much as I should. I know people are wanting updates about these sweet little boys. I found out a little more info on Ian today. For the most part, things are still going well. He still has his good and bad days, but most of the time they are pretty good. The big goal right now is still to get him off that vent! I asked the nurse today what those steps are and the time frame. She said that next week they are going to try putting him on a type of C Pap machine to see how he takes it. If it goes well, then they might be able to extubate him and put him on the C Pap permanently. This still may take a few weeks to happen, but it's nice to have a better idea. A few days ago I had spoken with another nurse about the possibility of having Ian transferred to Primary Children's Hospital here. She said that it would definitely be a possibility once he was off the vent. (Of course, whether insurance will cover it is a whole other issue.) Anyway, as far as his stats go, he is up to 4 lbs 8 oz now. So he is growing quickly! And Darek went in to an appointment and he weighs 5 lbs 2 oz now. So they are getting healthier by the minute.

On a side note, my brother was able to visit Ian in the hospital this past weekend and took some wonderful video and pictures of him. So instead of re posting them all here, you can see everything on his website http://www.aarontitus.net/ian

So that's all for now. I'll try to keep you all posted.

No comments: