Thursday, August 7, 2008

Slacker

I know I've been slacking off with blogging. Honestly, between my new job and getting ready for school to start, it's been hard to sit down and blog. But I will try and catch you all up on the few things that have happened in the past couple weeks.






I mentioned that I got yet another nephew. This one belongs to Ryan's brother. This is their 4th boy. His name is Brett Charles Wood. I finally got to see some great photos of him online. He is so cute and I can't wait to get to see him in person.






So again, for that running tally, we now have 10 nephews and 2 nieces between our two families. All of them are so cute! I love being an Aunt!



Ryan is all registered for school and ready to start his program. He is excited (kind of), but a bit nervous too. We hope these next two years go well for him and go by fast! I know that he will do great as a Radiologic Technician. He does well at just about anything put in front of him.


Alex is also getting ready for school. We went school shopping to get Alex his new backpack. I figured it would be pretty easy to find what he wanted and be done with it, but Alex was quite specific on what he wanted in a backpack. 1. It ABSOLUTELY had to have a water bottle that came with it. I don't know precisely why, but he was insistent with that one. 2. It needed some kind of pocket to hold his wallet. Now I'm not quite sure why he would need a wallet as a kindergartner, but hey, he knows what he wants.... right? 3. This one was not quite as important, but he also wanted one that had a lunchbox that can attach or be removed from the backpack. Again, in Kindergarten they don't stay and eat lunch since they are only there for half a day, but it's just something he wanted. So, with all those specifications we went searching. We went to 3 stores and really didn't find anything he liked. Then he remembered that we had seen a Spiderman one that he had LOVED at Smiths Marketplace. So off we went. We got there and started our search. We couldn't find the one he liked anywhere. We were about to give up, but went to one more section in the store.... and there it was. The perfect backpack. Needless to say, we bought it and he pretty much hugged it all the way home. We also went to Kmart and found Spiderman folders, notebooks and pencils.


Alex is thrilled to be starting school! We know he will do great academically and will make a lot of friends. I also know it will kill me to see my baby go to school. I'm ready to be an emotional mess that first week.

I know other things have happened in the past couple weeks, but I will save that for another time. It's late, and I'm tired. So hopefully this will keep ya'll busy until I can sit down and write some more!

3 comments:

Hayley Winslow said...

That's awesome. Tyson got a Darth Vader backpack. The only place we could find one was online. He was quite picky too. What can I say, we worship the dark side here.....

Ryan and Mandi said...

Alex almost picked out a darth vader one. It was between that one and the one he got. How funny!

Patty R said...

What a funny/smart kid. I'm glad you found the perfect backpack.