Monday, August 25, 2008

Miracles

As a few of you know, we have had an incredible miracle (well two actually) happen to us in the past few days. On Friday evening we were notified that there were twin boys in Virginia that were in need of a family. We prayed and prayed and prayed some more and knew without a doubt that these little boys belonged in our family. I have never felt so overwhelmed. The minute I knew, it was so hard not to jump on a plane and head to Virginia to go get our boys. But we still had to wait for an actual decision to be made. So we waited all day Saturday and all day Sunday. I would get a few calls here and there to make sure all our paperwork was turned in and ready to go, but I was literally a basketcase all weekend. Ryan is always so good at keeping his cool, which makes me so mad!! :) But finally today came. They called me around 9:00 to let me know that they had 3 couples to choose between and we were one of them and that they would be making a decision in the next hour. All I did that whole hour was pace around the house and I had a pretty good death grip on my phone. Finally at 10:28 they called and said we were the family that had been selected. I cannot tell you the range of emotions I felt in a matter of seconds. We have been waiting so long for another child to come into our lives. And to now get two sweet little boys is better than anything we could have imagined.

I have to thank those friends and family that we notified on Friday and asked to pray for us. Without those prayers and fasting I don't know that this would have happened. I am so grateful for the amount of support and love that we have been given.

So, we are off in about 1 hour to the airport. Baby A (we obviously don't have names picked out yet) is going to be released from the hospital tomorrow, but Baby B is still going to be in for another couple weeks. So Ryan will fly out with me and come back on Thursday. I will probably be staying there for a few weeks, possibly a month, until Baby B is released. I am going to do my best to find a computer so I can blog some pictures and let everyone know their stats and all.

Thanks again to everyone for all the prayers and love. You will honestly never know what it means to us. We love you all and will see you soon.... with two new baby boys!!!!

8 comments:

Hayley Winslow said...

I keep getting choked up and I feel like it's just about a dream. I'm sure it's like that times 10 for you guys. Call every hour or so, ya know, maybe every 10 min. would be good too. I will be checking my phone, Mike's phone, the blog, etc. for pictures. I can't wait to see them!

Koreena said...

Wow! I could not be happier for you guys! I seriously have chills. And getting two of them??? How neat is that!!! I can hardly wait to see pictures and hear their names when you figure that out. Best of luck in Virginia!

Stevens said...

So exciting!! Lucky, lucky boys and I'm so glad this worked out for you. We'll be checking in for updates!
Jennie

Jenn said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you all :)

Holly said...

Oh, Baby "A" and Baby "B," that brings back memories! You guys are going to be great! Holding two little infants in your arms... it's just indescribable! It was meant to be, and it couldn't have happened to a more wonderful couple! I am so excited to have another mom of twins to talk to, let alone my best friend! There is no word in the English language to express how happy I am for you! CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THEM!!!

Patty R said...

What a miracle. I am so excited for you guys! Congratulations! What a blessing. You guys deserve it. Can't wait to see pics.

Tammy said...

Congrats. Alex is going to be an awesome big brother. They are so blessed to be coming to a wonderful,family.

Tammy said...

We are so happy for you guys. I got a little teary eyed when i heard the news. It couldn't have happened to a better family. Congratulations!!!We can't wait to meet them. We love you guys.