Monday, March 31, 2008

Making Pancakes

I love making a big breakfast. I think breakfast foods are the most fun to make. And I guess Alex thinks so too. He loves helping me make french toast, eggs and especially pancakes. My Dad started the best tradition. When we were younger, my Dad would make pancakes on Saturday morning and he would always put the pancake batter in the shape of the first letter of each of our names. It always made us feel so special and loved. So I try to do the same with Alex every time I make pancakes. Because he is our only child and his name is so short, I can usually just spell out his whole name. Alex and I have had some great one on one time doing this, and I hope that continues for a very long time!








3 comments:

Hayley Winslow said...

I remember loving when Dad did that for us. It was my favorite. Good idea to do that with Alex. I am the one usually sleeping in a bit on Saturdays while Mike does the breakfast, but maybe we should change things up a little.

Holly said...

I am totally impressed with your pancake writing skills! Your penmanship is cute, even in pancake! That is such a fun tradition, I will have to try it sometime!

Patty R said...

How fun, what a cool tradition, I love it :)