Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Baby Is Five

Five years ago our sweet little Alex was born. It's so hard to believe that he is already 5. He officially turned 5 at 1:05 this morning. I actually couldn't sleep, so I was able to watch the clock turn to 1:05. I then began to cry. I went in and kissed my little sleeping boy and wished him a happy birthday. Before he went to sleep last night, I took a few pictures. His last ones as a 4 year old. I don't know why this birthday is so hard on me. I think it's because this puts him completely out of the "toddler" stage and into the "boy" stage. That, and the fact that he'll be starting kindergarten this year. Anyway, enjoy the pictures. I'll be posting pictures very soon of the birthday party we had for him this past weekend.








6 comments:

Holly said...

Bless your heart, it goes by too fast! He is the most adorable five year old I have ever seen, you and Ryan have done so well with him!

Anonymous said...

This is never going to happen to my kids, is it?

Ryan and Mandi said...

Thank you Holly! I have to say he is one beautiful child. (Of course I am not partial at all) And Aaron... in the blink of an eye you will be here.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Alex!! He is one of the sweetest kids ever!! Oh, and I loved those pictures!!

Hayley Winslow said...

I don't think it's quite a blink of the eye, but I guess that depends on how fast you blink! A very cute boy and favorite cousin. Congrats from Tyson. He thinks being 5 is the best thing that ever happened to him (and so do I), so love every minute of it, Alex!

Ryan and Mandi said...

Thanks Amy, I had fun taking those pictures. And I will be sure to tell him you said "Happy Birthday"!

And maybe it all goes by so fast for me because I enjoy each moment so much that they go by very quickly for me. I don't know... but it sure feels like yesterday that he was born. I'm sure 5 will be a great year for Alex.