Monday, March 3, 2008

APPROVED!

As most of you know, we have been trying for about 4 years for another child. Things have not gone the way we've wanted or expected. After praying and figuring out what to do, we decided to apply to adopt through LDS Family Services. It has been a long and hard process going through classes and filling out paperwork. But it has also been amazing and fulfilling. Well, we just received word last week that we have been approved to adopt. Now, that doesn't mean that we have a child yet to adopt, it just means that if we are chosen to have a child placed with us we are able to adopt it. Ryan and I are so excited at the thought of adding another member to our family. Alex is already picking out strollers and car seats for his new brother/sister. We hope we are chosen sooner rather than later, but we also know that it is out of our hands. Any prayers that can be offered in our behalf are greatly appreciated. And for those who have helped us through to this point, we are so grateful for you. We will have a site set up soon on LDS Family Services that you can view or even send people to that might be interested. We just wanted to share this wonderful news with everyone!

5 comments:

Koreena said...

That's such wonderful news!!! One huge step closer to having your dreams fulfilled. Congratulations!

Patty R said...

I am so happy for your guys, soon enough your new child will find you. I will pray for you guys :)

Hayley Winslow said...

I read this days ago and have talked to you how many times since? Well, I can't believe I've said nothing to you about it. Anyway, CONGRATS! I will be the first on the lookout (well, it's a toss up between me and Beth). We are so happy that it's working out! I know you don't care what you get, but I really want you to get my next niece!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you. the stress and waiting will all be worth it when you get your precious baby. we will keep you in out prayers.

Holly said...

Can I be "Auntie Holly?" I can't wait to go on a baby shopping spree with you! I think about all of this only... like 5 times a day! You know I think you are the world's best mommy, and someday we will look back at this and say "Oh, that's why." Love you to pieces!!!