Monday, March 17, 2008

What a Weekend!!

What a great weekend we had! It all started last Wednesday when both of my sisters came up from St. George. We didn't do too much on Wednesday, but Thursday was pretty exciting. I had to work in the morning, so Hayley took Alex and her kids to the Discovery Gateway. Alex had a great time with them. That evening I went with Hayley, my mom and Anna to go see Disney on Ice: Princess Wishes. It was actually a lot cuter than I thought it would be, and Anna was in complete heaven. We all thought she would fall asleep at some point, but she could not remove her eyes from what was going on. It was very sweet!

Friday also ended up being a very busy day. One of the reasons everyone came up was to celebrate Alex's 5th birthday. He won't be 5 until the 25th, but this was the time everyone could come, so he got to celebrate a little early. That morning we went and saw "Horton Hears a Who" down at the Gateway 12. It was pretty cute. After that we got ready for Alex's little party. Since the kids were here, we did a little Easter egg hunt in the back yard for them. Then we had Alex blow out his candles and open some presents. I have a very long video of him opening presents, so if I can figure out how to edit it, I'll post it.

Saturday, Hayley and her family had to leave. It's always hard for the kids to say goodbye to each other. They are always so happy to be together. After I finished work on Saturday we went to the Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square to eat. It was fun to just sit and talk.

Sunday, Beth and Chad had to go. Alex always goes through a bit of withdraw when everyone leaves. He had a very hard time going to sleep last night.

So for the remainder of this week I am planning on cleaning house and getting ready for Alex's "friend party" this coming Saturday. We've invited 17 kids, but there are a few already that won't be able to make it. I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures from that party. In the meantime, here are a few from this past weekend.



Anna, before going in to see Disney on Ice


All the kids with their Easter baskets before the hunt


The Hunt


Ryan taking a break with Beast


Lighting the candles


Singing "Happy Birthday"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys so much. I wish that Christopher could play with his big cousins more.

Ryan and Mandi said...

Alex wishes he could see your kids more too. Hopefully there will be a time soon that they will all get to play.