Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Things I Love

Okay, let me start by saying this week was awful. Probably one of the worst I've had in a while. Thing after thing kept going wrong. I won't elaborate, but it hasn't been a fun week. So, why you ask is the title of this blog called The Things I Love? It was one of those moments that I was feeling depressed about all the sad/bad things in life and then I looked around and started noticing all the good things that I have in my life. I just wanted to list a couple of those things.

I love that though Alex may get sick and I worry to death about him, he will still ask me to hold and cuddle with him to make him feel better. I love that I have a loving husband that will let me cry in his arms and not question my motives. I love that even though I can only cook a few great meals, Ryan and Alex still get excited when I make their favorite... Manicotti. I love that Alex can't wait for his Daddy to get home so he can play Star Wars with him. Even though I wake up with a sore back, I love that Alex will come get in bed with us when he has bad dreams. I love that even though Ryan is 29 and I am 26, we still LOVE listening to Weird Al Yankovic and that Alex has learned most of the lyrics to White and Nerdy!! I love that even though we may never get pregnant again, we may have the ability to raise a child and have them sealed to us through adoption. I love that I have amazing friends to turn to when good or bad things happen. And I love that even though my family has been through A LOT in the past little while, we can lean on each other for support.

I could probably go on for a long time, but it sure helps put things in perspective when you write out all the wonderful things that you have. Here are a few pictures that kind of go along with some of the things I love...


It may not look great, but we all love the Manicotti
I make.


Ryan and Alex playing Lego Star Wars together on the Wii.

Yes, this is actually Weird Al. We have been to two of his concerts.

This guy is amazing!

2 comments:

Holly said...

What an awesome post! I am so lucky to be blessed with such an amazing friend who helps me keep life in the right perspective. Here's to a new (and hopefully happier) week!

Patty R said...

This was so sweet. It's true, there are so many things around us to love and be thankful for. You are so lucky to have such a sweet son and a loving husband:)