Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Weekend - Saturday

Saturday ended up being another jam-packed day! We weren't quite sure what we were going to do, but came up with a pretty fun plan. Darek had his last soccer game of the season. I was sad I didn't bring the camera for the last game, but oh well. I'm sure we'll have many future soccer games to take pictures of. At the end of the game, the coach gave all the kids a trophy! Darek was SO EXCITED! He showed it to everyone and carried it around.

We came home after the game and chilled for about an hour. Then we decided to head down south. We knew we'd be going that way for the Real Salt Lake game that night, so we figured we would go to a place we'd never been. I saw on www.citydeals.com a deal for Planet Play, so I figured we could try it out. It's kind of a mix between Boondocks and Chuck E Cheese. Darek fell asleep on our way there and slept for the first 30 minutes or so. I finally had to wake him up, which was cute. We were sitting in the arcade area and I took him out of his stroller. He was out cold. I shook him a little... a little more... until I finally had to just sit him up to help him wake up. He still wouldn't open his eyes. I laid him back down and said, "Darek, you want to wake up and go play?" That got his eyes open at least. As soon as he saw where we were, he bolted up so fast and his eyes opened up wide. He got a huge smile on his face and couldn't wait to get down and play. We stayed for a few hours and had a great pizza/pasta/salad buffet lunch, played some arcade games, went on go karts, went mini bowling and got some great prizes. I think it's the boys new favorite place to go. As long as city deals has that special, we can afford to go there.









After we finished there, we went to our last Real Salt Lake home game of the season. For being one of the first 5,000 people in the stadium that night, we all got a free Nick Rimando (our goalie) bobble head. We barely made the first 5,000 and were so excited to all get our bobble heads. The game was pretty good and ended in a tie 1-1. We ended up placing 3rd in our conference, which means we are in the play offs! We have a play off game this week and cannot wait!

That pretty much ended the weekend. It's always nice to have a long weekend with the family and make the most out of it. We're going to have another really fun month ahead of us. I love this time of year with all the holidays. I am really looking forward to spending some time with my sisters and their families a lot in the next month. I'm sure we'll have lots of great posts to come!

No comments: