Sunday, October 9, 2011

Turning 30

My birthday was a week and a half ago, so I thought I'd finally blog about it. I honestly didn't have too difficult a time turning 30. I think the biggest change is just saying the number. I feel like I've been twenty something for a very long time, so to say thirty now is just kinda weird. But I decided that your age is what you make it. Just because I'm 30 or 40 or 50 doesn't mean I have to act any differently than I do now. Sure, my body may catch up with me and tell me what I can or can't do, but I have control over my mind (at least for now). I hope that as I get older I will still make time to have fun. Play in the nerf wars, stay up all night with the girls.. maybe even a sleepover or two, play soccer with my boys, play volleyball with anyone who wants to and all that other great stuff. That's the kind of stuff I live for and it helps keep me young.

My birthday was simple, but really great! My girls took me out a week before my birthday and we all went bowling! After, we had some cake and just stayed up chatting for hours and hours. It was a blast! I celebrated with my family a few days early because my actual birthday was going to be very busy. But we went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse and they got me some wonderful gifts. Again, so simple, but spent exactly as I wanted. And for the first time EVER, Ryan actually had flowers delivered to me!! He has only bought flowers for me on 2 other occasions, but one didn't really count because I was standing right there. When my mom brought them down to me, Ryan was actually home. She said someone had sent me flowers. I said, "Who in the world would get me flowers?" Then looking over at Ryan I said, "It definitely wasn't you, right?" Amazingly he wasn't offended, but laughed and nodded his head that it was him. The arrangement was gorgeous and full of my favorite flowers! Biggest shock ever!

I love my family, my life, my world. Sure there are things that I would like to change, things that I hope will come soon in my life, but I feel so grateful and blessed for these first 30 years of my life. I have been given so much and hope I have been able to repay some of that to others.

No comments: