Tuesday, October 25, 2011

PRESCHOOL!!!

Today marks a very important day for Darek. He started preschool today! We have been telling him for a very long time (A VERY LONG TIME) that as soon as he was potty trained, he could go to preschool. He was sad when school started in August and he didn't get to go to school. A few weeks ago, Darek said something to Ryan about potting training and how he could go but didn't feel like it. Well that ticked me off and I decided this potty training thing was going to happen. He obviously knew how, but was being a lazy kiddo. So without too much trouble, he is finally potty trained. We're still working on night time, but he's even getting through nap time without accidents! So yesterday, after being almost a week with very few problems, I told him I would call and see about starting preschool. A lady in our ward has a preschool out of her home. Alex went to her and loved it! So I called and she said he could start the next day (today)! I got off the phone and told Darek and he got really excited.... and then really nervous. He went back and forth the whole night, but was really excited to tell his Daddy and Alex. As soon as he got up this morning, he got his backpack on.



I took Alex to school then came back, got Darek dressed and ready to go. I was pretty much planning on staying the whole time, since he has been a bit of a Mamma's boy lately. We walked inside, got his backpack and coat off and he was immediately interested in EVERYTHING around him. He realized that he knew 5 other kids in the class with him and all of a sudden it wasn't so scary. I stayed about 10 minutes and said I was going to leave and would be back to pick him up soon. He got a little upset, but I gave him a hug, told him I would be back and I left. No problems!

I came back to get him and he came out smiling and so happy... with his backpack on upside down! :) I talked to his teacher a little bit. She told me he did okay. No crying or anything, but he did have issues with taking toys from other kids and throwing crayons. UGH. She said he listened to her when she asked him to stop or give something back or pick something up, so that was good. I'm not happy that's the way he began things, but I'm not surprised either. And I'm glad she's the kind of person that will let me know how he's doing.

Anyway, he's very excited to go back tomorrow for HIS school. I know this will be such a wonderful thing for him and I can't wait to see what he learns. And I'm just a little bit excited for the 2 free hours I'm going to get every day!!! :)




I LOVE this last picture so much, because this really shows Darek so well. He is a very good eye roller right now. He was getting so annoyed at having to stop and take pictures this morning and before long I got some good eye rolls from him.

This little dude drives me so crazy at times, but I can't help but adore him. I just want to write a little synopsis of Darek at this point:

Limit tester
Loves to cuddle
Gives the best hugs and kisses!
Smart
Whiny
Hilarious
Cheesy
Sensitive to others (especially Alex)
Determined (In good and bad ways)
Demanding
Great Dancer and Singer
Sweetheart

I love this little dude so much and I am a lucky Mom to have such an amazing little boy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog. I'm just walking and stoping here. I'm very interesting when i see your blog. Good job.

Nb: Dont forget to visit my blog and give your comment to us. Thanks.