Friday, July 10, 2009

Just Because I'm Up...

I'm up really late when I shouldn't be, so I thought I'd post a few little random things from the past couple weeks. Obviously I posted a lot about Darek's birthday, but didn't post about the other fun things I was able to do.

It was a crazy week! My older sister Hayley sent her two oldest kids up from St. George with my other sister Bethany and her husband Chad. They arrived Sunday the 28th of June and stayed until Monday, July 6th. Our week went like this:

Monday, June 29th - We took the kids to Kangaroo Zoo to do some bouncing and run off some energy. Beth and I had to get some shopping in, so I think we went to 3 different stores with the kids. After the cake catastrophe, we celebrated Darek's birthday that evening.

Tuesday, June 30th - Took all 5 kids (my 2, my sisters 2 and Truman, the little boy I watch) to the Gateway. We went to Discovery Gateway first so the kids could have fun with all the neat things there. Then we let them all get in their swim gear and play in the fountain there. That doesn't sound like a lot, but my word we were exhausted by the end of it all!

Wednesday, July 1st - Beth and Chad went down to IKEA and I volunteered to stay with the kids and play at home. So I had the 5 kids and one of Alex's kindergarten buddies over to play for the day. I let them swim in the backyard and have a fun water fight. That night we all went to Chuck E Cheeses for some fun! I can't tell you truly how much fun I have at that place! I don't know exactly why, but it's one of those places that all stress melts away and you just focus on having a good time! Again, doesn't sound like a busy day, but I was SO tired by the end of it!

Thursday, July 2nd - We decided it would be a great day for the zoo. I'm not really one for the zoo, but it was fun. We were there during nap time (or so it seemed), so we didn't get to see much of the animals. But I got some great exercise out of it!

Friday, July 3rd - Went down to Jungle Jims (which is a little inside amusement ride/games facility for kids) and spent several hours there. It was fun to watch all of the kids go on the rides... and even go with them on a few. We played a few games and won enough tickets to get a few prizes. That night we went up to the fireworks at the Eaglewood Golf course. We go just about every year and it's always fun because I run into people I haven't seen for a while. I got to see one of my old co workers from Primary Children's that I just adore. She got to see Darek after not seeing him for several months. It was so fun catching up. It really made me miss that job. I truly did love it! Ryan and I left just minutes before the fireworks display. He was supposed to be at work, but someone was sweet enough to cover for him until he could get there. So to be nice, we didn't wait in all the going home traffic and just came home so he could get off to work.

Saturday, July 4th - This was one of our more relaxing days. We took it easy at home, ate a delicious BBQ and did our own fireworks in front of the house that night. It was so laid back, which was REALLY needed.

Sunday and Monday were also just relaxed and we were sad to say goodbye on Monday. The kids are actually coming back this coming Tuesday with Hayley, Mike and baby Brayden. It'll be fun to see Brayden and Darek play since they're only a month apart in age. Although I'm sure Brayden could crush Darek pretty easily. :) So I'm sure we'll have another few fun-filled days when they get back up here. I know Lagoon is on our list for one of those days and I can't wait.

For now, here are a few of my favorite pictures from our exciting week!

















1 comment:

Hayley Winslow said...

Cuties! We are way excited to come up this week. It'll be such a nice break for me. I haven't left home for more then a day trip in forever.