Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Boys


It's official, my babies are 1! I just wanted to wish them both a happy birthday. I can't believe so much time has gone by. It's hard to think of what my life was like a year ago and the fact that I had no idea that 2 babies were being born across the country that soon would be mine. I do love the fact that I know exactly where I was and what I was doing at the exact time they were born.

Darek - Look how much you've grown! You are so strong and such a good baby! You have given me so much joy and love. I love your giggles and babbling. I love to watch you learn how to do new things. You are so happy and full of life! You are a beautiful little boy. You attract people to you where ever we go. I look forward to all the things that you will learn to do, the struggles that we will work our way through, and all the happy memories we will share. I love you!



Ian - I knew this day would be hard. I know that you are being watched over, but can't stand that you are not here to take part in this wonderful day. I miss you so much. I feel so jipped that I only was able to spend a little over a month with you. I see your brother now and wonder what things you would be doing. I know that I am missing out on your giggles and cuddles. I missed you so much when we celebrated your 1st birthday. I will never get to see you open your presents and see the excitement on your face with each one. I will never see you taste your first bite of cake and ice cream. I will never get to take you in my arms, kiss you and wish you a happy birthday. All I can do is decorate your little grave and hope that where you are, you get to celebrate along with us. I hope you know that there are so many people that will be thinking of you all day, wishing that you were here. Thank you for hanging in there and giving us the little time we did have with you. I will cherish that forever. I love you sweet boy. Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Koreena said...

Happy birthday day to both of your sweet boys! Those were very touching words.

Hayley Winslow said...

Happy B-day to the boys. I love them both so much. Darek has changed a lot and I can only imagine that the growth and knowledge that Ian has must surpass us all.

Tammy said...

We want to wish the boys a very Happy Birthday!!! We love you guys and miss you! I feel like it's been forever since we have spent any time together, can't wait till we can have our girls night again. And to think Park City is not that far off gets me all excited. i can't wait.

Stevens said...

Very Sweet Mandi! I can't believe it's been a year. What a year!! It looks like Darek had a great time celebrating. Did you make the cakes or have you sworn off cake making forever? I read your wedding cake story and just wanted to cry with you. It looked beautiful though!!

Anonymous said...

This so sweet, Mandi. Your boys have a wonderful mom :)

- Jenn