Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's NOT Happy Father's Day

First, let me say... I'm being so lazy about blogging. I have tons of video and pictures to post, but never seem to sit down to do it, so I'm gonna try hard. But I did have to blog this story...

So yesterday while I was shopping at Winegars, I got a call from Alex. He is in a stage where we get very random thoughts from him that make absolutely no sense to anyone but Alex. So he started talking about Father's Day and Sunday. I told him I knew that Father's Day was on Sunday. "No Mom, you need to get me a present for Sunday!" I said, "Alex, Sunday is Father's day, and only Daddy and Papa get the presents." Well he got really frustrated with me and kept rambling. Finally he gave up and told me that Daddy needed to talk to me. So he handed the phone to Ryan. I asked Ryan if he had any clue as to what Alex was talking about. Ryan said that Alex had gone upstairs and had seen what grandma had gotten for all the son's and son-in-laws for Father's Day. He decided that since there was a Mother's Day and Father's Day, that there really needed to be a Son's day (Sunday). After I put 2 and 2 together, I talked to Alex about it and agreed, there needs to be a Son's day. He wanted it to be today, but I told him since I was working most of the day, it would be better if we could make it on Friday. He was hesitant, but agreed. So on Friday, June 13th we will be celebrating Son's Day. Anyone is welcome to join with us on this "new" holiday!

2 comments:

Patty R said...

This is cute. What a smart boy, at such a young age to analyze this, lol.

Ambler Fam said...

fun! I want to join in!!