Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our Last Few Trips

I just wanted to write about our last few trips here. After we got back from California, I found out there was a neighborhood campout that we were invited to go to. I really do enjoy camping, so I was looking forward to going. Ryan had to work the first night we'd be there, so he was going to meet us the 2nd day and stay that night. Well his work decided to call a mandatory meeting that 2nd day in the evening, so there would be no way he could come. It turned out that my friends hubby couldn't go either, so they just camped with me and the boys in our tent. It was actually a lot of fun! We found a camp site that was a little more secluded so that we could be on our own if we wanted, but be with the rest of the neighborhood if we wanted. We spent a great day at Pineview Reservoir which was a total blast. Darek has never loved the water, but recently has showed some interest. Well, I don't know if we caught him on a good day or what, but he loved every minute we were there!

We camped on that trip from a Tuesday through Thursday. We got home, did laundry and a few other things that had to be done and then headed up on Sunday for another camping trip back up Daniels canyon (up past Heber City). This was the same place we went on our first camping trip of the summer. The day before we left, Darek had started to get a runny nose and a little congestion. Well it decided to stay the whole time we were there. I must say that camping is not nearly as fun when you have a sick baby. But we still made the most of it and had a wonderful time with our wonderful friends, The Nielsens. It was a perfect trip to end summer vacation! When we left, we decided to go home and shower and meet up with the Nielsens at Lagoon. I didn't know if I'd have the energy to go (or stay for very long), but we did. And we stayed till almost closing! While we were there, we persuaded Alex to go on Wicked! And he did it... with a bit of bribing from Mom and Dad. But he loved Wicked and can't wait to go again!

My boys are happy to be home! I am happy to be home. And now we need to get ready for school and a normal schedule again. We have some great things coming up though.
I think I am ready to coach soccer and start my new calling. Alex is just about ready for 1st grade and soccer. Ryan is ready to start is 2nd to last semester of school... and Darek is ready to hang out some more with his Mommy and hopefully learn to walk very soon!

No comments: