Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Home At Last!

Sorry about the lack of blogging again recently! It's been an insane summer... one that I think is finally coming to an end. We just got back yesterday from our last trip of the summer, so I can finally catch up!

I failed to blog about the remainder of our California trip. Really the only thing I really have to mention is about our fun experience in Club 33.

For those who don't know about Club 33, it's a private club within Disneyland that Walt Disney wanted to have put in. The original purpose for it was so Walt could have a place for investors/businessmen to come and enjoy themselves without being in the crowds of Disneyland. Unfortunately, Walt died before the club was completed. He was able to choose some of the furniture and fixtures for the club though. Anyway, as I mentioned, this club is private and very expensive to be a member of. Ryan and I have known about the club... and being the Disney fanatics we are, have always dreamed we'd get to go one day. Just to have that experience. As luck would have it, chatting on facebook one day, I read a comment one of my friends made about having been there several times. Well I asked him about it and we talked about it for a while. He asked when we were going to Disneyland next. I gave him our dates and through whatever connections he has, was able to get us a reservation to Club 33. I cannot tell you how excited and honored we were to get this reservation. So on the third day of our trip we were able to go ring the doorbell to Club 33 and enter. They have a beautiful glass elevator that you can take up (which we did). I won't say that it was much different from other restaurants, other than the fact that it was much smaller than a restaurant... more personal. The staff was amazing, the food was INCREDIBLE! And the wonderful friend that booked the reservation for us, said we were going for our anniversary... which was true to some degree. So at the end of our meal they brought out this Mickey and Minnie dessert. It looked fantastic and tasted even better! What an amazing experience and one we will never forget! We loved every moment!

No comments: